Week 6 - Substance Designer

Last week, I was advised by a tutor to start looking at getting a texture on the floor as it can help you to feel like you've made a lot of progress with your work and you can get more of a sense of what the space looks like. As the downstairs is going to have all wooden floor, I started with creating a wooden floor texture in substance Designer. It took me a while to get back to grips with using the programme again, its never been my strong point, but I feel like I have created a texture that I am reasonably happy with and fits the style of GTA. As there are no panels in the wood, I might go back and add some to it, but for now, I will leave it as it is, and focus on getting assets into the scene.

Here are some screenshots of my scene in engine.



 As I mostly spent time on the kitchen/ bar area last week, i decided to work on the other side of the house this week, being the lounge. Here is a sofa I'm currently working on in 3DS max. I'm going to take it into z brush so I can get some creases and wear on the pillows.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 - TV texturing