Week 5 - Adding assets and basic lighting

This week I made a bit of a change to the Roof windows as I wanted to put an extractor fan above the island which will have a hob on it as most high end houses tend to have the hobs in the middle. However I also knew I wanted the windows to stay in the same position as it creates really nice lighting and shadows. I did research to see if I could get any reference and inspiration, and I ended up creating a square in the middle of the windows for it (see below), which I think works really nicely as you still get that modern sleek look, whilst still keeping the natural lighting that comes through the roof. I did ask tutors also to see if it looked realistic and they seemed to be happy with it, however one suggested to make the windows a bit thinner, as before it looked like they were too big and heavy to be supported by the roof.




I have also added some assets in the kitchen and bar area, whilst the bar counters don't need much more doing to them, the kitchen ones need a bit more work as they are very simple and could do with some handles or something to make them look like cupboards. I also made some bar stools and an over top pannel that's going to have cocktail/wine glasses hanging from it in the future. I played around with the lighting, I want it to be a retro bar with a neon cocktail sign above where the over top pannel is to give the wall some interest. As most high end houses in GTA are over the top anyways, I thought this would also make it fit in with that theme.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 - TV texturing